Over the winter of 2017-8, members will be doing research into the four chapels that have been features of Parish life in the past, namely
Grinacombe Moor Methodist Chapel (founded in 1844 as a Bible Christian chapel and re-built in 1898), which is still operating, but which may close soon;
Downicary Chapel, which was founded as a Wesleyan Chapel in 1815 and re-built in 1861 but closed in 2011;
Rexon Cross Chapel, which was founded in 1860 as a Bible Christian chapel but closed in 2014;
Thorn Cross Baptist Chapel, which was founded in 1881 but which closed just before its centenary.
Following the presentations at our March meeting, the research done so far relating to the Downicary and Thorn Cross Chapels is now available on this website - just click on the images of those chapels below. It is hoped that the research done on the other chapels will be able to be uploaded on to the website fairly soon.